The Precast Flooring Federation Membership brings substantial benefits and is open to all manufacturers of precast flooring who are based in the UK.
- Membership is available to UK manufacturers of Precast Concrete Floors, subject to a satisfactory quality audit and in accordance with the conditions of MPA British Precast.
- Membership of the Precast Flooring Federation, requires membership of MPA British Precast.
- There is also a category of Associate Members which is available to the supply chain for precast concrete floors.
Benefits of Membership
- The Precast Flooring Federation (PFF) has succeeded in achieving an estimated 60% penetration of the ground floor market in housing over a period of about 20 years. Members have benefited extensively and will gain similarly from increased use of precast floors at upper levels in housing, which is the area now being targeted.
- PFF has a continuing PR programme and members benefit from regular exposure through press releases, PR placements and editorial meetings. General information about precast flooring is made available via a number of publications.
- Members are kept closely involved in the development of British and European Standards, including the Eurocodes.
- The PFF has prepared a quality scheme for use by members as a minimum standard which members are expected to achieve and give assurance to customers.
- The PFF has links with a number of Universities and commissions research in support of issues which are important to the members.
Health and Safety
- The PFF’s Health & Safety Committee was originally set up to revise the Code of Practice for Safe Erection of Precast Flooring. Since its inception the Committee has led the way in developing safe methods of working when installing precast floors. A series of health and safety guidance notes highlighting particular issues in crane stability and rescue proceedures has been published and the Committee continues to develop best practice.
If you would like to join the Precast Flooring Federation or if you'd like to know more about how we can assist your business then please contact us.